Reveal™ XT MRI Conditions for Use
The Reveal XT can be safely scanned in patients under the following conditions:
- Patients must wait 6 weeks post-insertion before having an MRI scan.
- Closed bore, cylindrical magnet with static magnetic field must be 1.5 T or 3.0 T.
- Whole body gradient systems with gradient slew rate specification must be ≤200 T/m/s.
- Whole body Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) as reported by the MRI equipment must be ≤2.0 W/kg; head SAR as reported by the MRI equipment must be ≤3.2 W/kg.
- The uninterrupted duration of active scanning (when radio frequency (RF) and gradients are on) over the chest during MRI must not exceed 30 min.
- If additional chest scans beyond 30 min are necessary, a waiting period of at least 10 min is required.
NOTE: To assure Reveal XT data is preserved, we recommend an in-office interrogation of the device using the 2090 programmer before completing the MRI. However, it is not necessary to delay the procedure if the interrogation was not performed.